To Kill a Mockingbird Crossword Puzzle
2. This character called Scout an "ugly girl".
4. "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's ----------."
5. This is the only character in the novel to use the word "obstreperous".
9. Dill's aunt.
10. He probably carries a knife to school in the 1st grade.
11. Mr. X's last name.
13. Aunt Alexandra is his grandmother.
15. Scout says about this character, "I beat him up one time but he was real nice about it."
18. The American
Film Institute voted him "Best Hero of the 20th Century" for the film
version of TKM (H
19. You should have figured out by now, it was this character putting the little gifts in the oak tree.
22. Trash collector and choir leader.
23. Says, "...sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whiskey bottle in the hand of" Atticus Finch.
25. A white man, he's "got a colored woman and all sorts of mixed chillun" and "likes 'em better'n he likes us" white people.
26. This doesn't mean anything, according to Atticus.
27. He's the sheriff.
28. He's been in the first grade for three years.
1. This character
is from northern
3. If you have anything that needs reading, he can do it for you.
6. He walked nearly a mile to avoid the Radley place on the way to school...yet he was "brave" enough to get in a fight with Scout one day.
7. The street's biggest gossip.
8. Our tomboy narrator
12. "...the meanest man ever God blew breath into," according to Calpurnia.
14. He whacked flowers from their bushes with a baton.
16. Miss Maudie's last name.
17. "...but remember it's a sin ----."
20. The head of the Negro church.
21. The setting of the novel
24. This character learned to read using the law book "Blackstone's Commentaries"